The thing about the IT or software industries is that they have a unique audience – they are more detail-driven, output-oriented and meticulous in nature. If you’re planning to host a coming-out party for your product, you have to really know how such a techie industry would receive it.
Self-help books and experts can offer tons of pointers to pull off a successful product launch, but there are only a handful of aspects that could really set the tone for the event. These are the essentials; the top items on your to-do list before that big day.
Are you ready? Here’s how you check:
- How much do you know your target market? While you may already know who they are, what they do and what they know, do you have an idea how they respond to product launches? Do you know their positions on certain issues? Do you know to keep them entertained and focused? Do you know what they think of your competition?
- Don’t expect a storm of leads – This is a product launch, not a top-of-the-funnel marketing activity, so don’t count on leads to come pouring in. You can give out forms and collect data, sure, but launches are mainly targeted on people who truly care – past clients, warm prospects, and product-specific buyers. Go after them.
- Use social media to “test the waters” – The notion that “product research is useless” is a myth. It’s a great deal of help as long as you know how. By giving your followers and fans a taste of what’s to come, you can get an idea – a small picture of their response, while building up the hype at the same time.
- Spread the memo – A launch can only be successful if everyone is on board and on the same page. It’s more than just letting them know what’s going on; the goals and desires of the company must be clear across the board so the rowboat can sail smoothly.
- Create a frame-by-frame storyboard – Imagine yourself as the head writer of a Pixar animated film and you’re presenting the screenplay to the big bosses of Disney. You have to let your team know what would, should, and could happen at each phase of the launch, just to set expectations.
- Make your statement flawless – Whether it’s a full-pledged article on your website or a speech you’re planning to make, you got to pull off a “Gettysburg” to help make the launch impact bigger. You only get to make a launch statement once – there’s no room for gaffes and lack of substance. Remember, your market is full of experts and authorities in technology.
- Anchor your launch to a bigger, relevant story – Choose carefully an occasion or news item that you can use to accompany your product launch. You would want to use a lighter, merrier subject like Christmas or pop culture trends like movies or music .Steer clear of sensitive events like warfare, political anecdotes or person-specific stories to avoid negative feedback.
IT lead generation campaigns is necessary for the survival of many software companies. This can take many forms, be it through email, social media and, yes, even IT telemarketing. Despite it being so old-school, it still produces really good results. Besides, generating sales leads does not depend wholly on the tools you use. It is also the disposition you have as you go about your work. This is one aspect in marketing that most tend to forget over time. So, as a refresher of sorts, let us take a good look again of the seven positive virtues that you have to live with:
- Being patient – when you are willing to wait, you are giving your customers the time to decide on their own terms. Hurrying them up or pressuring those potential sales leads to buy will only drive them away. It is normal for decisions to take some time to happen, but it would be frustrating if you are not patient.
- Being committed – when you commit yourself in helping your customers, you push yourself further to ensure that they are happy. You do not entertain the thought of giving up or telling them that you cannot do it. This is the advantage of being committed to your work. You really do your best. And your customers are happy about it.
- Be enthusiastic – being able to feel positive, despite the difficulties that you face in your marketing campaign, is a hallmark of a great marketers. Keeping an upbeat tone and handling of sales transactions can also be infectious, taking your B2B leads along in your talk. If you can do that, then you can be better in your sales campaigns.
- Be curious – while you might think that ‘curiosity kills the cat’, you also ought to know that curiosity is also key to improving your marketing campaigns. Learning more about your business prospects and the problems they face can help you formulate a better marketing plan. Try asking more questions, more in-depth queries, or probably a couple or more questions.
- Be brave – all right, we have to admit that B2B appointment setting campaigns can be an intimidating activity, and it is understandable if we back-off. But, as the real test of marketers, facing these challenges is a must. If you have courage, then you can turn any setback into an opportunity.
- Be honest – really, this is a virtue that a lot of marketers tend to forget as they go about their work. But this is also the same asset that customers value the most. Possessing integrity and honesty is essential in maintaining customer confidence, letting them know that you are person that they can trust.
- Be flexible – when do business, you need to provide your customers with the best service possible. And that includes being able to cater to their unique demands.
No matter what modern tools you use, none of them will help in your lead generation campaign if you do not have the proper disposition for it.
For any marketing campaign, increasing productivity is a major concern. As a business owner or entrepreneur, you need your appointment setting team to be capable of finding and nurturing potential sales leads. Without enough B2B leads, you will not be able to generate enough customers to buy from you. For this reason, you will need to improve the productivity of your marketing efforts. While there are a lot of methods for you to approach this, you only need to put into mind just a few things. For example:
- Set a schedule – nothing can be more effective in increasing productivity than by setting a schedule for all your activities that will be done for that day. You see, this ensures that you complete your tasks at the end of the day, which reduces the work you need to do the next day.
- Be simple – to be honest with you, simplicity rules the B2B lead generation game. The less effort, the less paperwork, the less peripheral stuff that you had to deal with, the more work you can do at the end of the day.
- Learn to prioritize – let us face it, you will always have to deal with some kind of work be it now or later. What makes all the difference is for you to identify which of these will be the ones you will do first. As a marketer, learning how to prioritize activities will help reach your goals fast.
- Focus on your work – when you are talking to business prospects, make sure that your attention is focused solely on them. If you have to turn off your phones or anything, then you should do so now. This will enable you to serve them better and answer their inquiries more efficiently this way.
- Use a timer – maybe putting a small clock beside your test will not only tell you what the time is, but it will also tell you how long you have been doing your work. Creating a good pacing in your activities will help you achieve more at the same time.
- Take a break – here is the deal, no matter what you think you can do in a single day, you are still a human being. There is a limit to what your flesh and blood can do. So, when you are done with your work, you should make it a point to rest and rewind your mind.
- Keep a positive mindset – you see, the challenges you might face in, say, telemarketing, can be daunting, but as long as you know where to start, and is confident in what you do, then you will be successful.
That is how you improve your productivity in your lead generation campaigns. Anyway, all these rely on your ability to manage all these details. It may be hard to do at the start, but you will be able to get what you want in the end, and that is more sales leads coming into your company.
When it comes to IT lead generation, it is important to know what tactics to use in getting the IT sales leads that your business will need to improve your profit margins. Now, there are a lot of things that you can employ for this. For example, there is telemarketing that can aggressively reach out to business prospects and interact with them. There is also email campaigns, social media marketing, trade fairs, etc. all which can help your business fly. But in the online marketplace, there are some basics that you have to observe. Basic or mundane as they are, if you do not follow these, it can affect the overall success of your marketing efforts. It is best if you read on and try to master them.
- Have a well-designed website – in business, and especially in the online market, image means everything. If your website has the appearance of being made by a grade-school student, then there is a higher chance that your business prospect will not believe that you are professional business. If you want to get the attention of your appointment setting prospects, then show them that you really are a professional in everything.
- Work on your SEO – search engine optimization (SEO) marketing can work like a charm in your B2B lead generation campaign, but only if you can manage it well and if you have the people for it. And before you start thinking that this is too complex for you to do, better SEO results can be had if you have the right tools, understand the nature of keywords, regularly revising your website, as well as constantly updating your content.
- Use email marketing right – the problem with most email marketing campaigns (especially with those that fail) is that you fail to consider how your business prospects will act once they see a business email in their inbox. To be more effective, you need to practice sending useful and concise information that they can easily act on. Be sure that the content is shareable, and that mobile devices is considered in the writing process.
- Employ proper social media tactics – the thing about social media marketing, and why this can be such a poor source of B2B leads can be traced to its inability to actually convert leads into deals. But if you are not active in social media, then you are basically invisible to a good part of your market. You need to establish a good presence in your market, and you can only do that if you are involved in your social media circles. It also pays to know what social media network will work well with your target market.
- Use multiple mediums – in today’s market environment, you cannot use only one tool in finding and nurturing sales leads. You need to use all the tools that you can possibly handle to be more successful in your marketing efforts.
You know, web marketing is not that hard. It is just being aware of how to make your IT lead generation campaign more successful.
Now that you are in the IT lead generation business, you should remember that doing business here is in a different dimension compared to our normal brick and mortar business models. But still, with the way markets change, you know that you have adapt your B2B leads generation process to the new marketing landscape. And adapting to that means making it preparing for the challenges, as well as avoiding some tech mistakes that can affect your IT sales leads being worked on. So, what are these blunders that you should be avoiding?
- Buying the wrong equipment – or cheap ones at that, since these two are the most common errors committed even before an IT lead generation campaign takes place. Yes, you may be able to save a few bucks from the cheaper stuff (or finally be able to get some spanking new equipment, for that matter) but if it does not help in your work, then you are not getting it right.
- Using weak passwords – data and hardware security is very important, that is why you should put passwords on your devices. The problem here is the strength of your passwords. You can never trust the power of password protection. A skilled hacker could easily get that, or you would probably let it slip and end up informing the others.
- Think that you are anonymous – all right, suppose that you are using a pseudonym and an avatar online, you think your identity is safe, right? Unfortunately, that is not the case. No matter what you do, there will always be a way to uncover what you have hidden. So, if you do not want your deepest secrets spilled out when potential sales leads Google about you and your business, please do not post anything online.
- Using the cloud to store sensitive data – for a lot of businesses, especially the smaller ones, the allure of cheap cloud storage services can be very irresistible. But here is the problem: what assurance do you have that the B2B leads data you store there would remain safe. Remember, despite the advancement in online security, the fact that you do not have your data on your company site, left in the hands of outsiders, can be a major security risk. This is something that you must seriously consider before making a decision.
- No anti-virus software – really, this is one aspect that a lot of business owners tend to overlook. Anti-virus software programs are designed to protect your computers and servers from unauthorized access, as well as malicious programs that may steal data or, worse, delete it from your business database. It may be expensive, but trust me, it is all worth it.
These five tips can serve as a good start to a proper appointment setting campaign, even for those conduct IT telemarketing campaigns. You can learn a lot more as you go about your work. Just remember, to use common sense. That is the safest route that you should take.