Marketing is a pain, let no one say otherwise. We all know how hard it can be to generate sales leads out of a market that may not be ready to accept your business offers. Now, just imagine how hard that would be if you are trying to enter the IT and software market. Your IT lead generation campaign would be a real pain in the neck, especially if you are new to this kind of operation. Well, you know that you have to do this if you want to get new customers coming to your IT consulting firm. But how will you improve your marketing campaign? How will you be able to generate good B2B leads? There are ways to do that, for example:
- Think of benefits as an act – too often, we fall to the mistake of merely describing the benefits that our prospects will enjoy if they accept our offer. The trouble here is, that is merely a rundown of features. You have to concretize the benefits that your prospects will receive.
- Use prequalified sales leads – you know, there really is no reason for you to chase after business leads that will not turn out productively in the end. I mean, you can just concentrate on those leads that you are sure will convert into a sale or a deal.
- Use your time wisely – be it in negotiating for a deal or drumming up interest in your products or services, remember that time is precious. You do not want your time wasted by others, and your prospects definitely do not want their own time wasted with useless chatter.
- Listen some more – this could be better observed in a B2B telemarketing campaign, where you have to talk with your prospects and discuss business with them. Now, for you to better understand the issues they have and the kind of solution you can offer, you have to make them talk more than you.
- Spend less time on paperwork – this is a common problem for many marketing teams, where one has to file a lot of papers regarding the business prospects they have talked with. Now, if you want to be truly productive, you have to spend less time on this task. Maybe you can have this outsourced to a reliable agency.
- Create shorter sales cycles – the shorter time you spend qualifying sales leads, the more time you spend on other leads as well. It will also make recording and negotiations more bearable. Besides, the long decision-making process can cause your prospects to get cold feet and walk away from the deal.
- Up-sell – basically, you ask your prospects if they want to increase their order, be it in the size of the shipment or the complexity of the solution they need, at a higher prices. If you do this right, this could be a very profitable marketing strategy.
- Think ahead – you need to prepare for any eventuality in the business. Fail to do that, and you will lose your edge in the market.
Keep this in mind and you will see a boost in your B2B lead generation campaign.