IT lead generation is a bit trickier compared to other industry penetration efforts. It is important to know what strategies to use in getting the IT sales leads that your business needs to improve your profit margins.
There are some basics that you have to observe if you want to be successful in such a critical and fast-paced online environment:
- A website designed to kill. In business, especially online, image is everything. You can never attract prospects from the IT industry if your website looks like it’s been hand-drawn by a kindergarten student. Not only does it need to look good, it also needs to function well. IT people live and breathe technology, so to impress them should be a priority.
- Work on your SEO. Search engine optimization (SEO) marketing is a dying science, so they say, thanks to Google and its seemingly endless parade of algorithm releases. But that doesn’t mean you should stop incorporating keywords and creating back links for your site. The basic principle still remains intact, and along with quality content, SEO must still be part of anyone’s strategy.
- Take advantage of email. A lot of businesses use email marketing, but only a few of them really use it in its maximum potential. It’s not just about sending prospects the stuff that they need; it’s also about expanding into new territories, exploring the possibilities of new age content and catering to the on-the-go email users. What’s great is that email marketing provides for countless tools to help marketers measure its effectiveness, so there’s no reason not to utilize it.
- Take social media seriously. And that’s despite of the fact that social media may not take you seriously. The thing about social media marketing is its incapacity to actually convert leads into sales, and that’s something everyone needs to accept for now, because face it: you need social media. You need to institute online presence in your market, and you can only achieve that by getting involved in social media circles.
- Be multifaceted. Using a singular approach to all your marketing efforts? You need to stroll around the block more often, especially in the neighborhood of IT products and services. This industry has the privilege of having the skill to produce and use an assortment of tools and methods to enhance their lead generation campaigns. Snoop around so you can get a taste of the goods.