One of the challenges encountered in offering your mobile web application services to other business is the lack of qualified B2B leads. You may have one of the most effective programs, perhaps a customized mobile application, that will sure be a hit with users, but the fact that you still have to look for users might give you more headaches. That is the reason why you should have a good business lead generation process in place. Remember, generating sales leads is very important in identifying business prospects that are most likely to do sign up for your service or purchase your offer. You can have the job done by professional appointment setting firms, in case you do not have a marketing team of your own, but it is still your job to ensure that what you offer is the kind that will get you the mobile web application sales leads you are looking for. So, what should you take a look at?
To read more about this article just click here.
Now, before you start saying that this is a very bad business tactic, allow me to share with you a personal experience. Having worked in marketing for years, the need to get involved in social media marketing to generate more B2B leads for my IT company became a necessity. But here is the problem, despite how active I was in so many social networks; I still find it hard to reach my IT lead generation goals. I just could not connect with my sales leads prospects correctly. I suppose some of you have experienced the same thing, too, wondering why it is so hard to use social media in appointment setting work. Well, in my experience, I found one excellent solution: reduce your social media presence.
You can probably blame social media network themselves in putting us in this predicament. With the variety of avenues in which you can tap in, you might end up stretching yourself too thin. Besides, there is the possibility that the network that you are using is actually a network that only a few of your prospects are involved in. It sure makes it more practical to just concentrate on the ones that matter the most. And here is how you do it:
1. Ask your customers – you could probably have a telemarketing survey about the most used social media networks by your customers and business prospects. Ask them directly, observe how they use. That will give you an idea on which ones will matter the most, and allow you to concentrate on these better. But you have to make sure that the calling list you have contain the actual users of these networks, not some user who tap into these networks for the sake of attention.
2. Test your research – you may have learned a lot regarding the social media preferences of your audience, but you should test the waters first. Join these networks for a period of time, see if they really work well for you. You do not want to be in that network for the sake of being there. You want to generate B2B leads. If you see that one network is not showing you results, then you should go try another one.
3. Focus on the networks that work – basically, you should be spending as much time and budget on these networks. It makes sense to put that much investment in order to meet up with more business prospects.
Of course, you have to keep in mind that social media marketing is not the sole source of business leads for your company. You can also employ other tools, like search engine optimization, email, even telemarketing. What is important here is that you use the ones that will work well with your business and can be integrated seamlessly with the marketing process that you have. This might take you some time to find the right fit, but the effort is worth it. You will be able to get a lot of sales leads this way.
Unhappy customers are a fact of business life. No matter what you do, there will always be people who are not satisfied with your service. If only you can walk away from those people easily. Unfortunately, in today’s B2B appointment setting campaigns, you really have to revisit these people, since they can be potential sales leads. And if your business is in network management systems, that need is much stronger. Good if they want to try your business again. But what would you do if they start complaining? Sounds like a scary scenario, right? Well, if you know where to start, then you would be able to get the results that you need. You just have to follow these tips:
- Give them an answer – usually, previous customers complain because their issues were not answered yet. When that happens, you should take a proactive role and seek a solution that is agreeable with them. Let them know that you are taking care of it. They will like to hear that.
- Limit the options – most customer complaints could be stemmed from the marketing options that you offered them. Most marketers make the mistake of offering their B2B leads prospects too many options. Making a choice becomes too troublesome and the stress of you trying to fulfill their demand becomes too much.
- Look at online avenues – when people complain about your service, they rarely inform you about. Instead, they would spread the word through social media. You need to be aware of these online grievances so that you can answer them quickly.
- Listen well – even if all you hear at the start is yelling, be patient and let them vent out their frustration. Usually, after the first few minutes, they tend to calm down. They even become more helpful once you get on their good side.
- Collect feedback – and you need to collect lots of it. These can be a veritable mine of customer data. Most might be negative, there is no surprise there, but if you can filter them out, you might get lucky and get an inkling of a successful B2B lead generation plan in the future.
- Be calm and nice – reacting negatively at furious customers will only escalate the issue, making it even harder to resolve. As a marketer, you should have a little patience when dealing with them. This is where you are good at.
- Prepare a rain check – be it in goods or money, you should have something at the ready in case a complaint resolution requires you to spend. This way, you can be better prepared in the future and gain control of the market’s attention.
- Learn – there are so many things that you can learn in your IT sales leads campaign. As a marketer, you should take opportunity that you can get to learn from people and the things around you. This will make you a better marketer, as a whole.
Yes, handling complaints can be tough for your network management systems company. Still, once you know the basics, your appointment setting campaign would be easier.
When generating qualified sales leads in the IT industry, you have to first understand the importance of getting in touch with your market. Some might think that this is a mystery, but it is really not. Rather, it is in knowing what you should and should not be doing during your B2B lead generation campaign. You can forget all those clever marketing suggestions and analysis by pundits. Sometimes, you just have to personally dive in and get your hands dirty. Only then will you know what is wrong and what you should be doing. As for becoming more effective in generating marketing leads in the IT industry, you need to take note of a few essentials:
- Observe the trends – the most basic of your marketing campaign. You know that you need to sell something, but you can only do that if you know what your market needs. Buyer behavior and product trends change quickly, so you should put some effort in studying the trends and anticipating what the next ‘big thing’ would be.
- Get your pricing right – you know that price is the biggest issue when it comes to selling. If it price too high, your B2B leads are most likely to back off. If it is priced too low, then they think that you are cheap. Getting that balance between the two is essential. You have to make a profit, but at the same time encourage people to buy from you.
- Manage your operations properly – the reason why some marketing campaigns are in trouble is because of improper management of the people assigned to it. For example, if you are going to use B2B telemarketing, you have to have a good calling list, skilled marketing personnel, not to mention the right equipment to get the job done. You have to be very good at organizing and managing these if you want to get good results.
- Concentrate on quality – this is an addition to point number two. If you can provide your customers and potential sales leads with very good products, the price can easily become a moot point. When your customers see that you can consistently deliver quality products or services, they are more likely to stick with you.
- Go for profit – this is one factor that a lot of business owners and managers overlook. Yes, you need to make a profit, and everything you do should be geared towards that goal. Well, this point will not apply for non-profit companies, but you have to admit that the profit you generate could be used to further your business. You need it.
Still, marketing can be hard for some companies, especially those who are still starting up. For these companies, it might be a good idea to invest in some outsourced IT leads generation agency. You just have to choose the right partner, one that will function harmoniously with your own business. As a business investment, this is one guaranteed to help make your B2B appointment setting efforts a success.
You have to admit that the network monitoring industry is a pretty good one. After all, when it comes to business operations that span all over the globe, one needs to have a way to monitor all the employees. The problem here, if you have not identified it yet, is the need to find and generate sufficient IT sales leads for your business. That would require you to have a really good IT lead generation process set up. Not only that, you must also be able to handle objections from your prospects. How will you address concerns on, say, price? That is one common topic. The way you solve that issue will determine whether you make a sale or not. And here is how you do it:
- Know the truth – when your prospects say that your offer is too expensive, do they really mean it? If price was not an issue, would they still buy from you? If they say ‘yes’ to the latter, then there is hope to getting that deal. If ‘no’, then there is nothing you can really do. You might as well walk away from it. This is something that first-time marketers tend to forget, with all their thought absorbed on how to make a sale.
- Is the price objection a condition? Closely related the negative response in the above factor, this is the part where price is such an absolute factor to your B2B leads prospects that they simply could not make a deal with you at all. I mean, there is no point pursuing them if they have no budget for it. Such prospects are practically impossible to negotiate with.
- Try putting on their shoes – a little empathy can go a long way, especially if the objection raised is just a simple issue of pricing and payment. Here, the prospect is willing to buy or sign up with you. It is the payment terms that they are having a hard time dealing with. Try to understand what they are getting to. See what solution both parties will find to general agreement.
- Concentrate on the issue, not on you two – one mistake that B2B telemarketing representatives commonly make during their appointment setting call is to see such objections as a battle between their price and the price of their prospects. Honestly, that would be a losing arrangement, for both sides. Try approaching the problem like partners. Not only will it be less stressful, you both might actually come to an agreement.
- Find the answer – closely related to point number five, you must get your business prospects to work with you on a solution. Some of the best business deals are sealed because the prospect and the seller worked on a common solution. In this way, the prospect got exactly what they were looking for. It would be a win-win situation for all.
Yes, you can make a sale, despite price objections. You just have to be creative and resourceful enough for your B2B lead generation campaign.